August 04, 2008

A webcomic selection

In an effort to make your procrastination more efficient I would like to offer you my longtime experience and some pretty awesome little helpers for the many hours you, as I well know, spend NOT doing what you think you should be doing at that moment.

I will have Sinfest's genius artist Tatsuya Ishida have the first word:



Next up is Jorge Cham, creator of phdcomics, where at least every academic gradstudent finds a lot of his own life funnily portrayed (or so accurately that it hurts). See here one of the very wise insights into the life of my part of population:



And with all this new life that everyone leads on the internet you should also see the significance that little changes in your online profile can have (here shown from the angle of xkcd, A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language):


Facebook defines relationships. 'Yeah, we would have broken up last night, but the net connection was down.'

Every now and then webcomics can really make you think. They are some kind of philosophy light, the kind that could just let you drift off and spend some time relaxing inside your mind, because it reminded you of thoughts you had but never finished. Now is the time you can use for it! This example is by the Perry Bible Fellowship:



In other words, as you may well have guessed, I spent the time since my last post studying and procrastinating. Will you guess what took up more time? FYI: My exam in German constitutional law went well and my presentation got good feedback. No worries!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good after all!
Thank you Robert for such interesting concepts inside the photos! I enjoyed them all!
And...good that you did well on you exam! Constitutional Law has been always such a drag to me!