September 17, 2008

On Moral Openness

I am passionate about what is going on in the world, politically, ethically, environmentally, socially and with regard to consciousness. I count myself as a liberal thinker and also as an openminded individual. I do not want to belong to a closed group that damns others for believing what they believe. And yet I cannot get a full understanding of how so many people embrace Sarah Palin's conservative ideas (here as they are seen by liberal bloggers). I wonder if I can escape this obstacle to my openness and be more understanding to what is really happening here.

The video below has shed some light on my question and shown that there is a principal divide among liberals and conservatives that seems hard to bridge. Though as Eckhart Tolle says (about whom I will soon post separately): "Awareness is incompatible with the ego." I take it this way and try just to be aware of my objections without judging. I guess the bridge will turn out to be already built or entirely unnecessary ;-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,
there is a bridge and there is none. If you mix up these two points of view, you will get in trouble. Look for integral theory!
" ... the bridge will turn out to be already built or entirely unnecessary ..." YES! The only thing that goes upon this mental insight ist to deeply experience that you ARE the other.
hdtl
Hel