October 09, 2008

Mejor estudiante

Earlier this week I got a call from my host university in Spain. They asked for my Skype and Messenger contact and if I would be available Thursday at 11am for a video conference, because...they had decided to give me the award for best exchange student of the past term. Nice, I thought! That is exactly what I needed on the day I found out that I had failed for the third time in a law exam and would have to change my subject ;) Turns out, they asked around a bit among Spanish students and exchange students which of their "compañeros" they remembered most. And that was me, lucky to have such a lasting impression on people.

So today I got a chance to talk via webcam to a room full of Erasmus students and university officials about my time in Spain. After waiting for about an hour with changing views of people whose heads I could not see passing in front of their PC in Jaén, they called on me and I got so say "thank you and have fun guys, just like I did". Some time soon an envelope will arrive certifying that I did a good job at having a great time. Haha! That university is doing a great job of widening its international exchange program and creating the publicity needed in the city. I wish my little university would do more of that, too!

So this is a good day. Changes in my life are underway and I am looking forward to it. Real change ;-)

Meanwhile enjoy this with me *big fan of Jon Stewart* :

1 comment:

Amy Sun said...

Congratulations on being the best at being the foreign guy! :-) I'm glad you got this news when you needed it most!

Let law go! There's something better for you! As we say in TN: When God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.

If all else fails, you can just be a professional exchange student! ;-P