January 23, 2009

Life is divine

"'Always be the happiest man on earth, wherever you are and whatever you do.' If you look at it that way, being in prison is actually a rather interesting experience."

I took this quote from a very inspiring article I found after Larry Brilliant mentioned the guy responsible for the quote in a panel discussion.

The person I would like to point your attention to is Robert Muller, former UN Assistant Secretary General and former Chancellor of the University for Peace in Costa Rica (a demilitarized country).
Not only is he my namesake, but he could well be my next big role model for how to see the world and how to act in it. Among his achievements are that China joined the United Nations and the Pope adressed the UN Assembly for the first time. His optimism, as I see it, is unparalleled, and it is so refreshing when you compare his positive approach to today's challenges with the one we are used to. When others say: "We need to develop global consciousness" he says: "We will develop global consciousness".
Please take a moment to read what this man has to say and I will cut my descriptions short :)

"To be unhappy, to be ungrateful, not to feel wonder and appreciation for the incredible gift of life is a most foolish and short-sighted attitude. The toughest prison of all is that which man imposes upon himself."

For more go here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God! The quotes are wonderful Robert!
I gotta go find more words by him.
:)

Esfand` said...

:) hes in my list too now!
Thanks!